Saturday, August 12, 2006

What A Rocking Night... And Then The Rain

Last night was a fantastic night and everybody had a great time getting Gugu smashed while the rest of us stayed sober. It was only right seeing as it was her 18th birthday and she was finally legal. At the Drill Hall Wigga (RMR Station Manager and our beloved "uncle") played some really cool House tracks. The man really knows his stuff. Monks also played really well. The crowd puller, or rather what was meant to be the crowd puller was Gareth Cliff. He said for his first time in Grahamstown it was awesome. I wonder if the many drunken students all over town have anything to do with that.

I had to be up at 8am this morning but I missed my 9 o'clock news. That will probably go on my record; Ross is some other kind of boss. Anyway, the night was awesome and the music was excellent. I fell in love with a particular song. The beat is still playing in my head. It was going on and on in my head the whole day. I'm in LOVE with House music.
My sister will probably have a cow if she heard me say that. She doesn't understand it. I never used to be a fan of the music either; my music collection bears all the evidence. Since I came to Grahamstown, though, House has been the most happening music.

When we eventually decided that Gugu had had enough we left, but she messed our plans to get into our beds quickly by having the munchies. That does usually follow a night of non-stop liquor consumption. So we had to take a detour to BP. That's what most "Rhodents" who get the muchies call "A BP Run"; very popular at Rhodes. This one particular night they were cleaned out. There was no decent food. I was miffed, but I got over it.

As if the detour wasn't bad enough, when we got out of BP... it started to pour. I wanted to scream. It was pouring and it was windy and cold. That was not the ideal weather to be stuck in at that time of the night, or rather morning. But we all eventually got to our respective "homes" and woke up feeling nothing but pain in the feet. I suppose that's what we get for dancing 6 hours straight non-stop. I blame Zama (friend and former fellow Cantab) for that one. My feet are actually still painful right now, but I would do it all over again. The pain is not enough to stop me from repeating history.

Crash & Burn...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home