Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Successful Extreme Makeover For 89.7 FM

When I left for home last term I was leaving behind an incomplete RMR station, still needing final touch ups following the reconstruction, and a makeshift studio. I came back to a brand new 89.7 FM.
I forgot to mention that I am a newsreader and news reporter and am about to venture into producing a show on Rhodes Music Radio, Rhodes University's campus community radio station. The last 6 months have been quite busy and fun... at times. At least the graveyard part of it is over.

So when I came back for 2nd semester I went to check it out and it looks pretty awesome. The entire station got a makeover and now it looks like a proper professional radio station. I worked at Jacaranda FM this past vac and was shocked when, on arrival, I noticed how their production studio and broadcast studio looked just like those at RMR. It was at that moment that I realised that 89.7 FM had state of the art equiment, something which many community radio stations cannot boast about. It actually places the station right up there in the same league as all those many commercial radio station across South Africa. The sound system is in a class of its own its unbelievable.

I must say it is also a pleasant environment to work in; it's organised, well-structured and orderly. It's generally a very impressive makeover and I, for one, am proud to be part of that radio station.
Now, I just have to get myself set for the Saturday morning news. It's going to be a killer for my Friday nights, but I guess it comes with the territory.
Crash & Burn...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home