Thursday, July 27, 2006

My First Dawnie... And I'm Still Alive

I am particularly happy to say that I survived my very first dawnie since being at Rhodes. A dawnie is the earliest session/period of the day, which happens at 7:45. As a Humanities student I was not familiar with what it means to have a dawnie until this morning when I had to attend my Journalism tutorial, which was a double session. I had to leave res at 7:30 in order to make it on time, since the AMM (Africa Media Matrix) is 15 minutes away from "home".
I must admit it felt somewhat odd walking all the way to the AMM without seeing a single person on campus. I can't say I like it very much, but I do have a newfound respect for those Commercial students who have to mission out of their beds so early in the morning, when half of campus is still snoring, to go to lectures and tuts.
Although, I'm not very hopeful about keeping it up; it's such a mission to wake up for an 8:40. What more if I have to make it out of bed for a 7:45? I guess I have no other alternative but to squeeze it into my daily routine somehow.
It's definitely going to be a rather interesting semester.
Crash & Burn...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home